TERMS & CONDITIONS
All journeys made with Westside Taxis Ltd must be pre-booked using one of the methods offered on our website.
If you require a quote for your journey, then please ask the operator at the time of booking. All prices quoted do not normally include any waiting time that may be incurred during the journey.
Please be aware when making bookings via the App/Web/IVR that these are totally automatic systems. If you select more than 4 passengers for these bookings, you may be sent a number of cars rather than a multi seat vehicle. These will be charged per car and not divide the multi seat vehicle price between them. If you want a guaranteed quote / booking for a multi seat vehicle, please contact our booking office on 01270 258888.
When you place a booking on the app and choose your card as a payment method then the estimated cost of your journey plus an added percentage (30%) will immediately be "ring-fenced" in your account. This basically ensures that the amount for the fare will be available at the end of your journey. Should you cancel your journey then the pending ring-fenced amount will be released within 30 minutes. It is bank dependent on how quickly the amount is available as part of your balance. It can take longer at weekends.
Any journeys booked to a Railway , Bus or Coach Station, Hospital, Doctors etc must be made at least 60 minutes before your departure / appointment in order for us to guarantee your connection / appointment. For any bookings booked for less than 60 minutes before your connection / appointment, Westside Taxis Ltd will not be liable for a missed connection / appointment. (The very nature of our business means that there are times when we run late and have little or no control over this happening. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination, wherever it is)
Please be aware that if you were to book a taxi from outside of our normal operating area (Crewe) to outside of our normal operating area, then a minimum charge will apply to cover any dead miles incurred. If you would like to know the price, please ask the operator at the time of booking. These journeys will have a fixed fare.
For jobs that are booked from outside of our normal operating area (Crewe) we will normally ask for payment in advance. If we travel to the pickup point and are unable to locate you (we will always try and contact you via Phone) then we will keep any monies paid.
Waiting Time: Once your driver has picked you up, should the vehicle speed drop below 5 mph (for example in heavy traffic or at traffic lights) then waiting time will be incurred. This clocks up like it would in a traditional hackney carriage. This is a totally automated process and is not something that a driver has control over.
If you leave anything within one of our vehicles, the driver will return it to our office where you can collect it at a pre arranged time. If you wish for us to deliver your left item(s) we may charge you for this. Any property left unclaimed for more than 12 weeks will be disposed of.
Westside Taxis Ltd records all phones calls for training, monitoring and compliance purposes.
These terms & conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
From 25th May 2018, the European Directive “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR) came into force. This is a new regulation on privacy protection, and correct use of your personal information in Europe.
Westside Taxis Ltd will never share data that we hold about customers with any other third party, unless we are legally bound to.
The information that we hold on customers who book taxis with Westside Taxis Ltd, is as follows:
Your Telephone Number
Your Pickup Address History
Your Destination Address History
Your Email Address
Call Recordings (For Training & Quality Purposes)
All of the above information is used to improve your automated booking process, and to ensure that you receive receipts for any journeys that you have undertaken with us.
Council licensing rules state that we must hold all of the information relating to your journey, as well as the driver/vehicle information. Any information that we legally need to hold for this purpose will be held in accordance of rules and regulations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. If you wish to request a copy of the information that we hold on file, or to request that we remove your information, please write to Westside Taxis Limited, 4 - 8 Browning Street, Crewe, Cheshire CW13BB.
A full enthralling version of our GDPR Data Protection Notice can be found here!
Modern Slavery Policy
Anti-slavery and human trafficking policy
This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, directors, officers, agency workers, seconded workers, volunteers, agents, contractors and suppliers.
West Side Taxis Ltd strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organisation or in any of our supply chains. We expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
We shall be a company that expects everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery:
· We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery in our organisation and our supply chains.
· The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our organisation or supply chain is the responsibility of all those working for us or on our behalf. Workers must not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
· We are committed to engaging with our stakeholders and suppliers to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain.
· We take a risk-based approach to our contracting processes and keep them under review. We assess whether the circumstances warrant the inclusion of specific prohibitions against the use of modern slavery and trafficked labour in our contracts with third parties. Using our risked based approach, we will also assess the merits of writing to suppliers requiring them to comply with our Code of Conduct, which sets out the minimum standards required to combat modern slavery and trafficking.
· Consistent with our risk-based approach we may require:
· employment and recruitment agencies and other third parties supplying workers to our organisation to confirm their compliance with our Code of Conduct
· Suppliers engaging workers through a third party to obtain that third parties’ agreement to adhere to the Code
· As part of our ongoing risk assessment and due diligence processes we will consider whether circumstances warrant us carrying out audits of suppliers for their compliance with our Code of Conduct.
· If we find that other individuals or organisations working on our behalf have breached this policy, we will ensure that we take appropriate action. This may range from considering the possibility of breaches being remediated and whether that might represent the best outcome for those individuals impacted by the breach to terminating such relationships